Thursday, February 3, 2011

Livermore Starting to Bloom

Over the last two weeks, trees have begun to blossom. Our apricot in the backyard is still covered in tightly closed buds, but along the walking path, I saw an almond today, which was partially in bloom and two trees with delicate pink blossoms. One, which had just a few blossoms last week, was densely covered in delicate, pink blooms today. An almond, just around the corner was almost in full bloom. And the yellow puff ball tree on Livermore St. was fully blooming.

The first tree I noticed with blossoms on it this year was what I think is a fruitless mulberry tree. It has squat, broad green leaves and loads of small, white blossoms. We had one in our old backyard, and the first one I saw blooming this year was in a parking lot near Stoneridge mall. Other tress, without blossoms, are starting to throw out green shoots. Yet some trees are still completely bare and dormant. I think we're just a couple of weeks away from full bloom!

1 comment:

  1. you have an APRICOT tree? How did I not know this??? I'm going to come and steal all your apricots this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete