Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Right on the nose!

I was stung today for the second time since beginning bee-keeping. The first time I was trying to capture a swarm and one of the bees got caught between my thumb and my glove, the tips which are cut off to protect my hands but leave my fingers free.

Today, one of the girls from the combo hive flew up to me, grabbed my nose, and stung me...right on the tip! Well, that is how it seemed to me immediately following the incident. In retrospect, I was putting my nose pretty much in the hive, trying to get a close look through the inner cover. Someone flew up to check me out, I got nervous and tried to brush her away, she felt threatened (who wouldn't with a giant swatting at you) and I got stung. Owe!

Thank goodness I don't react like Tim or I'd have a giant red clown nose the size of a giant tomato!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know that post wasn't supposed to make me laugh but it did. I hope you aren't suffering too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made ME laugh. I was laughing and crying at the same time. It hurt so bad, but I was also completely aware that I was practically acting out a scene from a cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I remember was a loud shriek that seemed to echoed around the whole neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete